MEN WHO DREAM

I've never really understood whether God chooses men who dream or if He gives dreams to the men He chooses. I do know that much of what has been done for the glory of God was born of dreams.” ---Ron Boutwell, 1978

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

MEN WHO DREAM # 1

As Stained Glass Theatre approaches the start of its 30th season this September (2012), it seems a good time to reminisce with stories telling of the many amazing miracles which have become the hallmark of God's divine Grace, Leadership, and Guidance over SGT from the beginning until now.

Even though I have been dragged kicking and screaming into the electronic age, I have been convinced that a blog would be a good way to compile and preserve the fragments that make up the history and heritage of the SGT Ministry. SGT's past is rich and colorful and I want to share my thoughts about it before time and age cloud my memory. I also encourage you who read it to add comments with your own memories. Many of these stories have been told elsewhere, but many will be shared in this blog for the very first time.

The quote beneath the blog title is from the opening line of God's Mighty Oak, the true story of the two young men of God who founded Southwest Baptist University. These words are probably the most memorable and oft quoted I've ever written. The line continues with, “And so it was that a new Baptist college was born in the dreams of two young men of God.” That sentence is never quoted, but it has special meaning and relevance to me. For that line, several years later, gave me the inspiration and courage to found Stained Glass Theatre. To paraphrase, “And so it was that a new Christian Theatre was born in the dreams of two men of God—Ron Boutwell and Pat Edmonds.” Pat Edmonds was a student and friend of mine. He was a co-founder and SGT's first Managing Director.

As I have shared these miracle stories with others over the years, our eyes would fill with tears. It's hard to speak of God performing miracles in your struggles without becoming emotional. As we make this journey together, I hope to bless and encourage all of you who have God-given dreams.

COMING NEXT: HUMBLE BEGINNINGS
The dream, the organizing, the players, the fund raising, the search for a building, and the first miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment